Happy Monday! Not much to really report here, I haven’t been doing a lot of things other than the day-to-day. The weather is cold, damp, muddy, and iffy so I huddle inside as much as possible. Hopefully the ground isn’t so soggy in the next week, I know that Charlie is probably dying to go outside.
She is 20 months old, as of yesterday. She started talking in the past couple of weeks, saying “uh oh!” (a lot!), “yut” for yuck, and just yesterday said, “ahh-o?” for hello when she puts a phone up to her ear. She usually calls out “Hi D (or Da)!” when she sees her daddy, but catching her saying Mama is a rare event. She has been helping me unload the dishwasher for a couple of months now, but just last week, she grabbed some dirty dishes, ran to the kitchen, opened up the dishwasher, and put them in all by herself. She helps me sweep the kitchen floor and she helps her daddy with laundry and taking trips to the dumpster with trash. She holds baby dolls and teddy bears and other treasured stuffed animals in the crook of her arm, while cooing “awww” at them. She loves watching Sesame Street, Super Why, Alice in Wonderland, and most recently, The Lorax. She is the light of my life, and my most favorite little thing. She is bright, curious, strong, funny, sweet, and incredibly loving.
Anyway. Enough about my wonderful daughter! Here is my plan for the week:
- Leftover White Chicken Chili
- Pasta Veggie Toss
- Valentine’s Day-Roast Pork, Potatoes, and Green Beans ala this Pinterest inspiration (I’ll be using my own spices instead of the italian dressing mix, plus my pork was a pre-marinated tenderloin, so it should bring its own flavor)
- Caramelized Onion Bacon Mac and Cheese
- Crispy Chicken with Potatoes
- Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese