This time of year is really pretty wonderful. It is a time of reflection, for rejoicing, and for giving thanks. In the old days, it was for harvest and bounty… These days people are grateful for their iPads, phones, and other various material things. I, however, am thankful for a lot more than that.
- My amazing friends that I would be lost without
- Dave, my soulmate and best friend
- Charlie, my amazing little daughter that is funny, loving, curious, and smart
- Family, near and far, blood relatives and not
- Our newfound church community that we are still getting to know
- Despite finances being tight, we always have hot food on the table and leftovers in the fridge, clothes on our backs, and a roof over our heads
We are lucky enough this year to spend Thanksgiving with our dear friends, Pam and Dan and their family. Their daughter, Pam’s mom, and another of Dan’s friends will be there. The menu sounds amazing (from her blog here): Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Crescent Rolls, Baked Corn, Green Bean Bundles, White Chocolate Cranberry Cheesecake, Pumpkin Snickerdoodles, Blossom Cookies made with Pumpkin Spice Kisses, Apple Cider Sangria. We are adding a Pumpkin Cake, Candied Sweet Potatoes, and Homemade Cranberry Sauce to that mix. Yum yum yum.
We are also spending Saturday with our neighbors, and the menu there will be Turkey, Cornbread Dressing, Potato Salad, Rice Dressing, Greenbean Casserole, Corn, Rolls, and Pies. We are taking the same Pumpkin Cake and Cranberry Sauce to their house as well.
We are going to be so stuffed! What are your plans for this wonderful holiday? And what are you thankful for?